Florida – 2011
District of Columbia – 2018
United States District Court, Southern District of Florida -2012
United States District Court, Middle District of Florida - 2012
United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit - 2021
Henny Lawrence Shomar, an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell®, focuses his practice in complex litigation matters, including commercial & business litigation, marital and family law, probate litigation, and creditor’s rights. Henny advocates for firm clients in several capacities both in state and federal court. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers®, part of Thomson Reuters, as a “Rising Star” naming him as one of the top 2.5% of lawyers five years in a row.
A well-rounded litigator, Henny has a broad scope of experience in handling many different aspects of litigation and general representation. In commercial and business litigation, Henny offers a wide range of representation in litigation matters for individuals and businesses, including contract disputes, shareholder disputes and business dissolution cases, fiduciary issues, and other general business matters. In the field of marital and family law, Henny advocates for clients in a number of areas, including dissolution of marriage actions, post-judgment modification and enforcement proceedings, paternity cases, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, domestic violence matters, adoptions, and mediations. In probate, Henny has represented individuals, both as beneficiaries, creditors, personal representatives, trustee/co-trustee, as well as businesses in probate, guardianship, and trust related matters. He has also handled over five-hundred non-jury trials on behalf of commercial and consumer lenders across the State of Florida in the field of creditor’s rights, and represents creditors enforcing their rights in collection matters, including garnishment proceedings and post-judgment enforcement/collection.
Henny approaches advocacy for all clients in a manner looking for ways to narrow or resolve issues that can be found while arguing points strongly for clients where resolution is not possible. His approach focuses on ways to minimize litigation where compromise is possible, but maximize advocacy and protection for clients interests when there can be no compromise, in an effort to accomplish client goals and doing so as strategic and efficient as possible. Representing individuals and businesses ranging from startup/small businesses to multi-national corporate organizations, Henny advises clients on a broad range of issues and utilizes his litigation experience to advise clients on their general corporate issues and needs taking the same approach to efficiently and effectively solving problems.
Henny holds a Juris Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, where he was an active member of the student body including membership in the Public Interest Law Society and Phi Alpha Delta. Through his time in law school, Henny worked several clerkship and internship positions gaining valuable experience prior to joining the practice of law.
Prior to law school, Henny graduated from the University at Buffalo and holds a bachelor’s degree with a major in political science and a minor in history. During his undergraduate studies, Henny received National Honors in Political Science from Pi Sigma Alpha, was a University Scholar, and was appointed associate justice to the Student Wide Judiciary of the University at Buffalo Student Government.
• Author – Businesses and Partnerships: Your Rights in Protecting Your Interests for the Possibility of a Dispute – published by the Daily Business Review (November 13, 2020)
• Author – The Legal Industry After Covid-19: What Has Changed and What May Change? – published by the Daily Business Review (May 19, 2020)
• Co-Author – Preparing for Business with Unforeseen Partners – published by Florida Trend (October, 2019)
• Co-Author - Real Estate Investments: In Today’s Hot Market, Matters to Consider for Buyers – published by the Daily Business Review (August 8, 2019)
• Co-Author - The Florida Supreme Court Expands Rights of Biological Parents – published by the Daily Business Review (July 20, 2018)
• Co-Author - Tax Cuts and Job Act: A Game Changer for Alimony and Tax Planning – published by the Daily Business Review (December 22, 2017)
• Co-Author – Your New Business Partner Is Your Partner’s Ex-Spouse – published by the Daily Business Review (September 27, 2017)
• Author - A View from the Bench: Professionalism in Court: What does that mean to a Judge?, The Florida Bar Family Law Section Commentator, Volume XXIX No. 3, Spring 2016
Major: Political Science